Since the holidays are rolling around, I’ve compiled a list of holiday movies you must watch. Check it out!
- A Christmas Story (comedy)- This movie is based on the book written by Jean Shepherd. The main character, Ralphie Parker, spends most of his time trying to avoid a bully. He also spends his time day dreaming of his dream Christmas gift, the Red Ryder Air Rifle, but everyone tells him “you’ll shoot your eye out kid!” Constantly butting heads with his stubborn father, and always being comforted by his sweet mother. “Will Ralphie make it to Christmas with his glasses and his hopes intact?”
2. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas- this movie will be an all time favorite no matter how old I get. This movie takes place in Whoville. The Grinch absolutely hates Christmas. He does everything in his power to “steal” Christmas from the whole town. But, what will happen when the Grinch meets Cindy Lou Who and she teaches him the true meaning of Christmas?
3. Home Alone- “When bratty 8-year-old Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) acts out the night before a family trip to Paris, his mother (Catherine O’Hara) makes him sleep in the attic. After the McCallisters mistakenly leave for the airport without Kevin, he awakens to an empty house and assumes his wish to have no family has come true. But his excitement sours when he realizes that two con men (Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern) plan to rob the McCallister residence, and that he alone must protect the family home.”
4. The Polar Express- “When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.” Starring Tom Hanks. This movie definitely gets 5 stars.
5. The Santa Clause- “Divorced dad Scott (Tim Allen) has custody of his son (Eric Lloyd) on Christmas Eve. After he accidentally kills a man in a Santa suit, they are magically transported to the North Pole, where an elf explains that Scott must take Santa’s place before the next Christmas arrives. Scott thinks he’s dreaming, but over the next several months he gains weight and grows an inexplicably white beard. Maybe that night at the North Pole wasn’t a dream after all — and maybe Scott has a lot of work to do.”
If you guys haven’t seen some any of these movies, I highly suggest you check them out! They’re all really great movies. I’ll probably make a longer list when we get closer to Christmas. Comment down below your favorite holiday movies!! ❤