The Benefits of Deep Conditioning Your Hair
- Deep conditioning your hair will restore that bounce and prevent your hair from being dry and brittle.
- Shine/Luster- Deep conditioning your hair will definitely add luster. If you find that your hair sometimes tends to be dry, consider deep conditioning your hair once a week or every other week.
How To Deep Condition Your Hair:
- Wash and Condition your hair preferably using a sulfate free shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner.
- Instead of using a towel to blot your hair, use an old shirt for less frizz.
- Apply the deep conditioner to your hair focusing on the ends and working your way up. Do not put the deep conditioner on your scalp, as it can cause build up.
- Cover your hair with a plastic cap and allow the deep conditioner to sit on your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair out with cool/cold water. This will close up the pores on your hair and lock in the moisture.
- Style as usual.
I always emphasize how important it is to deep condition your hair. Two deep conditioners I love is the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2) and the Eden BodyWorks Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner, 16 Ounce, so definitely be sure to try them out and let me know what you think! I really hope these tips helped you out! Be sure to let me know or ask any questions you may have in the comments below.