Disclaimer: Remember, everyone’s hair is different. What works for one’s hair might not work for yours. With trial and error, you will figure it out. Be patient and enjoy the journey.
- Your hair needs moisture in order to grow. If you feel like your hair isn’t growing, believe it or not, that’s not even the case. Your hair is most likely breaking faster than it grows. You need to moisturize. Especially your ends. Your ends are the oldest part of your hair. They break easily, so, it’s best to keep them moisturized.
- Pay attention to how you style your hair. Sometimes, protective styles can be damaging to your hair. Don’t pull your box braids or buns back too tight.
- Get in the habit of using wide tooth combs. Smaller combs tend to rip out your hair.
- Refrain from constant use of heat. Your best bet is to apply heat on your hair once or twice a year; and if you do make sure it is protected by using plenty of heat protectant.
- Don’t be scared to trim your hair. Split ends will travel up if you don’t trim them.
- Massage your scalp daily to stimulate blood flow, which will stimulate hair growth!
- Lastly, Drink plenty of water!